Do you love to be the spin in the web, to make a connection between the logistics operation, customers and suppliers and do you know how to realize changes or a project and bring it to a successful conclusion? Then we are looking for you!
Modexpress is a fast-growing company in the logistics warehouse industry and specializes in transport processes that focus on fashion and lifestyle items. To keep up with the ever-changing world, our IT roadmap is filled with ambitious projects with which we want to set the trend in the logistics fashion world. We can use extra help, knowledge and a fresh look.
As an organization, we are working to improve and renew our infrastructure, whereby we will migrate to the Cloud. In addition, we are busy replacing our current ERP system by developing a new ERP in-house with a link to a new Customs Management System, Carrier Platforms, customers, portals and RFID.
Furthermore, Modexpress will soon move into a brand new warehouse which will be fully automated and which must be operational in the short term in order to continue to facilitate the growth of our customers in the desired way.
Your most important tasks
As a Senior Application Engineer you will mainly be involved in building our future and carrying out varied and above all challenging changes and projects. Your opinion and vision are very important and valuable to us. In your work you will get enough freedom to develop projects from the analysis phase to the actual ‘hands on’ conclusion, independently or together with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
All this work mainly takes place in the ERP, WMS, CMS and links between these systems and logically also with our customers. You can think of:
- Set-up, testing and implementation of new customers and processes
- Analyzing and specifying software changes for our suppliers
- Testing and bringing software changes live
- Proactively and unsolicited suggesting improvements in various applications or processes used in the IT department
- Actively participate in projects
- Operational support in case of incidents
- Identifying regularly recurring incidents and then proposing a structural solution for this
- Advising key-users
- Natural drive for continuous improvement or standardizing and optimizing business or IT processes
Othertasks may be
In addition to the main tasks you have, you are also expected to support your colleagues where necessary. Of course you can also count on your colleagues if you need help yourself.
The IT department within Modexpress consists of Hardware Engineers, Logistic Engineers, Application Engineers, network specialists and project managers. This group supports the organization in all kinds of areas and also provides support on incidents.
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who can make a difference and add value to our company. Qualities that we find very important are commitment, responsibility and ownership. In addition, sharing your knowledge and cooperation is highly appreciated.
- Education at hbo or similar level obtained through education or experience
- Experience in a similar position
- Experience with logistics (warehouse) processes and WMS systems
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Translating operational requirements into specifications
- Communicative skills for both internal contact with colleagues and externally with suppliers and customers
- Good knowledge of the English and Dutch language in word and writing
- Experience in logistics automation or mechanization is an advantage
What do we offer?
Working at Modexpress is working for a company that wants to belong to the key players in the logistics fashion world. We work on this every day and we are looking for people who want to grow with us.
We offer a challenging and varied position with awide variety of customers and their specific processes. Job satisfaction is of paramount importance to us. Personal attention, open communication and freedom to carry out and organize your work as you see fit, contribute greatly to this in our point of view. In addition, we offer a competitive salary and we also give you the opportunity to follow a training course.
Are you interested?
Then we would like to get to know you and look forward to receiving your CV and a short motivation letter. You can send this to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have any questions about the position in advance? Please contact Jan van Vlokhoven via 06-55147345 or Dave van Alem via 06-18602032.Apply now